Monday, January 18, 2010

Where to start...

Its almost been a year since the last post. I'm not sure if anyone really follows me but I'm going to start posting more often! For real this time! So let's get caught up!

We had a VERY Merry Christmas! Unfortunately, Cim had to work so I went up to Wyoming for my Grandma and Grandpa's Christmas Eve Breakfast. It was great to get to see all of the family! Later that day I drove back to Ogden, met up with cim, and headed off to Cache Valley for the night! We got to spend time with the Neugebauers and have some good conversations. Later, we drove up to Tremonton and spent the rest of Christmas day with my family. It was fun to see my sisters and brother and all of the stuff they got from Santa. Santa came for Cim and I. We got spoiled! Dishes, shoes, pants, pajamas and lots of love!

I think being a student and not being able to give as much as I would like really allowed me to think about the true meaning of Christmas. Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps... means a little bit more! Its not about recieving, or even GIVING gifts. Its all about remembering the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ, and all that he has done for us.

2010 didn't really come with any new year resolutions. My goal was to not make a resolution but then I felt bad, so late on new years night when I was falling asleep I told Cim that my resolution was to take more pictures! The next day our camera broke and our car was broken into. Just my luck. Sunday came and my smart husband gave me some hope by helping me realise that we have an opportunity to start over everyday of our lives! Each day we can wake up and say "I don't want to do this anymore," or "I need to start doing this more often." He also reminded me that the atonement helps us start over and clean our slates whenever we chose to use it. I am excited for the new year and what it has to offer! Mostly, I am looking forward to new beginnings that will come each day of my life, not just this month or this year.

We started school on the 4th of January. This next week will be our 3rd week. Only 11 more to go! Then Cim will be graduated and I will only have summer semester left. Cimaron will be graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Journalism and I will be getting my Bachelor's degree in Organizational Communication. Then who knows what will happen, but until then we'll just have to enjoy the ride!


No comments: